Alternative Support Resources - Before it gets to a crisis
The following organisations can be contacted by anyone in distress and contemplating suicide:
- Moodjuice www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk
- Samaritans 116123 (Free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breathing Space 0800 83 85 87
- NHS24 08454 24 24 24
- Childline 0800 1111
- Papyrus HOPEline 0800 068 4141
- Suicide Prevention (Choose life) http://www.suicide-prevention.org.uk
- Suicide? Help! An information app for people who are thinking about suicide or worried about someone else. As well as providing information about suicide, such as how to get help and what signs to look for in others, this app provides details of relevant local services.
APPS & WEBSITES FOR MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING:
BBC Headroom Your Mental Health Toolkit Tools to help manage your mental health
Beat Eating Disorders: National Helpline for information and support with eating disorders 0808 801 0432 https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk/get-information-and-support/
Breathing Space Scotland https://breathingspace.scot – provides telephone counselling. Open: Weekdays – Monday to Thursday 6 pm to 2 am; Weekend -Friday 6 pm to Monday 6 am. Their phone number is 0800 83 85 87.
Cool2Talk http://www.cool2talk.org/ (interactive website providing anonymous free health information for young people in Tayside)
Cruse Bereavement Care http://www.crusescotland.org.uk a grief and loss counselling service in Perth that provides confidential, non-judgemental, 1- 2-1 counselling by appointment (fees apply). For Bereavement Support and Enquiries please call the Helpline on 0808 802 6161 (calls from mobiles and landlines are free).
Domestic Abuse Helpline 0800 027 1234 confidential support from highly trained female advisors
LGBT Helpline Scotland email@example.com
LGBT Youth Scotland https://www.lgbtyouth.org.uk LGBT Helpline Scotland is open Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 12 noon to 9 pm, the telephone number is 0300 123 2523
LONELINESS -Tips for everyday living: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/loneliness/about-loneliness/
Mindspace https://mindspacepk.com – a counselling service in Perth that provides groupwork and confidential, non-judgemental, 1-2-1 counselling by appointment. For further details you can phone 01738 639657 or visit them online.
My Support Forums Offering a variety of online support through discussion forums.
NHS Inform http://www.nhsinform.co.uk Listening service (NHS TAYSIDE) 07967771941
NHS RECOMMENDED RESOURCES: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mental-health-helplines/
Parent Line Scotland https://www.children1st.org.uk/help-for-families/parentline-scotland/
Rape Crisis: RASAC (P&K) Business Line: 01738 626290 Helpline: 01738 630965 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Helpline Times Monday 1000 – 1200; Wednesday 1200 – 1400 and Friday 1400 – 1600. Out with these hours a 24-hour answering machine is available. Any messages left will be responded to discreetly as soon as a worker becomes available.
Rowan Consultancy http://www.rowan-consultancy.co.uk a counselling service in Perth that provides confidential, non-judgemental, 1- 2-1 counselling by appointment (fees apply). For further details you can phone 01738 562005 or visit them online.
Scotland’s Mental Health First http://www.smhfa.com
SKILL PRACTICE to combat stress and worry (Facebook login) https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=140250120980785&id=107051400967324
- The Tayside cCBT services provides a wide range of interactive, online psychological self-help treatments, including programmes focusing on a range of different anxiety disorders, depression, psychological distress related to long term health conditions, perinatal wellbeing and packages to improve psychological wellbeing. The service has recently added two new programmes which can be accessed by anyone and do not require a referral:
- Sleepio – an online cCBT treatment package to treat insomnia and improve sleep – www.sleepio.com/nhs
- Daylight – an online cCBT package for treatment of anxiety and worry – www.trydaylight.com/nhs
Well Scotland https://www.wellbeingscotland.org